Ma Tghayir Balad

Sunday, May 21, 2006
This is a small video clip that I found while browsing youtube.com . It is going to be the first video of many more to come in a weekly video feature that will be started on the blog.

I find this video to be greatly inspiring, although I find it ironic because I am actually studying outside of Lebanon. Missing Lebanon is one of the greatest challenges that my Lebanese students studying abroad have to endure. One other small comment I'd like to make is although this clip is titled "Ma Tghayir Balad" ( don't change country ) I personally think that the title should be "Ma Tghayar El Balad" Look at it. Nothing has changed. The abuse is still there, people are still starving, and our country is slowly being sold to foriegners in pieces in the name of the economy. I hope the government does realize that it can salvage the economy in different ways that don't have to include selling Lebanon piece by piece. Mainly, but not being feudalist bloodsucking liers amatuer carless irresponsible politicians.


Adblock
posted by Fadi at 2:24 AM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Ma Tghayir Balad
Nice clip! nice words! let me tell you I prefer to contribute from outside then see and live with the people selling my country to the foreigners! Cheers

First, thank you for watching the clip.

Second, what u just said resembles some one who is running away from his country's problems. In my opinion, there is little a person can change from outside his country. Look at Chebli Mallat, he came out of no where and expected to become president, and everybody rejected him. Yes, he has a nice CV, but he's spent the last ten if not more, years of his life outside of Lebanon while the Lebanese fought with their life for its independence.

Whether Dr. Mallat is a good candidate for presidency or not, doesnot make him less or more lebanese than some traiters in Lebanon.
  • Posted at 3:42 AM | By Anonymous Anonymous

Shouldn't make him any less Lebanese, just less experienced as a Lebanese.

Members

  • Fadi
  • Mazen

  • Contact Us at:

    lebanese.renaissance@gmail.com

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Credits

      Distributed by:
    T Powered by :
    Powered by Blogger